Covenant’s Children’s Ministry has year-round programming for children birth through 5th Grade. You can find our schedule here. Most activities take place in the lower level of the church. If you would like additional information, please contact our Director of Children and Youth Ministries, Ian Troll. We also have a youth ministry for grades 6-12.
If you plan to have your children attend on Sunday mornings, please keep a few details in mind:
– For the safety of our children’s ministry, all children must be checked in by a parent or guardian and receive a name tag. There will be two check in stations with multiple devices to help disperse traffic, but please plan to arrive a few minutes early to have adequate time to check in your children. If your child will attend during a worship service and Common Ground, please plan to check them in for both at the same time. Staff and volunteers will get them to the correct rooms for each activity.
– To help ensure a fast and easy check-in, please update yours and your children’s information in Covenant’s database. You can do so here.
– If your child is ill, please plan to keep them at home. Additional details about our sick policy can be found at the bottom of this page.
Two nurseries are available during Sunday worship and Common Ground for various stages of early childhood development. One nursery is for children birth through age 2; the other is for 3 and 4 year olds.
As an extension of the service upstairs, Children’s Worship follows the liturgy and church calendar. Children in Pre-K through 5th Grade walk through a similar liturgy to the service upstairs. Worship continues through prayer, singing, crafts, and a Bible Lesson geared to help children learn about God and develop a true relationship with Him. Children’s Worship takes place during the 9 am service and children are divided into two classrooms for pre-k and kindergarten and 1st through 5th grade.
Sunday School is a time for students to gather together with their peers and grow in their faith through interactive Bible teaching and activities. Sunday School is offered for pre-k through 12th grade during Common Ground at 10:15.
To ensure the safety of all involved in our Children’s Ministry, each of our children’s classrooms follows the same Child Protection Policy which outlines basic guidelines and procedures for our workers. This includes a background check for all volunteers. This policy is not a legal contract, but rather a relational commitment to parents, reassuring them that we take seriously, and approach with great care, the time we spend with their child. Children must be checked in to the Children’s Ministry for each service on Sundays. We encourage every parent to review a copy of this policy; you can find a copy downstairs in our children’s ministry area or Ian Troll, our director of Children and Youth Ministries can send you a copy. Additionally, Covenant keeps the doors locked to the children’s area during services to insure that only parents, volunteers and children are in our children’s ministry area.
Parents should keep a child home if he or she:
- Has had a fever, diarrhea or vomiting in the past 48 hours
- Has an eye infection
- Has a rash, lice, or nits
- Has a cough, sore throat, runny nose